[Pw_forum] cluster timing & delay -v.lousy way-

Mona M.O. Elfadil mona at suin.edu.sd
Thu Sep 22 08:39:42 CEST 2011

Dear Changru,
Since there are other programs included such as Yambo
which are not compatible with the recent version of Q.E. , this version is
used

--
Your sincerely,
Mona Elfadil

> Dear Mona Elfadil,
>
> Q.E.3.0 was released on
2005. I would suggest you to try the newest
> version 4.3.2 first.
You can find it here:

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/download.php

Elfadil wrote:

>> Dear all,
>>        We
had run an example -Q.E.3.0.1- from your package few days ago
>> on a linux cluster- CentOS 5-, and it worked although we had
no
>> BLAS, LAPACK nor an FFTW packages previously installed -
not
>> surprising,since you have said so in your user
guide-.
>> Then we had tried an experimental data. It took a
single CPU 10 min to
>> get
>> the results. While,
unfortunately, it took a 16 CPUs more than 40 min to
>> process
the same data.
>> We had tried the following:
>> -
Referring to your user guide: It needs a detailed physics background
>> which is unavailable at the moment.
>> - Downloading
these mathematical packages:
>> FFTW 3.1.2-3 & FFTW
2.1.5-2
>> LAPACK 3_0-2
>> BLAS 3_0-2

(RPM versions)
>> In the configuration phase of Q.E. it said
that both LAPACK and FFTW are
>> not found although BLASS was
successfully configured.

>> We could not find
FFTWND in our internet search(As a packet). But in
>> your
>> archive you have said it is not an error.
>>
>> Assuming that all other factors are well, what could be the
cause??

>> (P.S.: we are the system
administrators)

>> --