[Pw_forum] electron-phonon coupling tutorial

Hua Bao dorabman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:34:29 CEST 2011

Dear Paolo Giannozzi and other QE users,

Thanks for the information. It helps a lot.
I have one follow up question regarding the e-ph coupling calculation.

In the formulation I found on the attached document or the QE website, the
quantity gamma or lambda is defined on the Fermi surface, so it is not a
function of electron energy.

But in some literature, such as this one,
http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v81/i12/e121412

people can calculate the scattering rate as a function of electron energy
(see fig 2 or fig 4 in the paper). They claimed that they used Quantum
Espresso for the calculation.

I am wondering how they can do that and what the formulation is for the
scattering rate calculation (for electrons not exactly on the Fermi
surface).

Thanks,
Hua