[Pw_forum] Using mixture of pseudo potential

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:29:36 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Vi Vo <vovi47 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Pine,
>
> Thank you.  Yes, I know that I have to do different tests for ecutrho and
> ecutwfc, but my questions are different. I would like to know what is the
> default setting for ecutrho the code would assume. I restate my question as
> follows:
>
> If I forgot to specify the ecutrho, what default value of  ecutrho would the
> code assume for US PP?  (I guess it still uses the default
> ecutrho=4*ecutwfc).
>
> On the other hand, assuming I set the ecutrho=9*ecutwfc, does then the same
> value of ecutrho=8*ecutwfc also apply to NC PP, or does the value of
> ecutrho=4*ecutwfc will be used for NC PP.

If there is nothing changed, according to the QE manual, the default
factor of 4 does not depend on the type of potential.
Also, there is only one ecutrho in a single calculation, and it is
written in the output (most of parameters can be found in the output).

> Thank you,

Duy Le
PhD Student
Department of Physics