[Pw_forum] sorting phonons by magnitude and band index

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Tue Mar 15 16:47:05 CET 2011

Dear QEers:
     Sorting phonons by magnitude and band index are two ways to plot phonon dispersions. Especially, the later is important for the precise understanding of phonons and for the calculation of some physical parameters, like Gruneissen constants. I have written a small code (named sort_phon) to do these sorting tasks, which needs the output of Quantum ESPRESSO (matdyn.modes) as input. The code package can be download in the link below:
http://bbs.sciencenet.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=345795&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=422819
where an introductory tutorial and an example about graphene phonon dispersions is included.
I sincerely hope it could bring you some convenience in your daily research.
Best Wishes!
Yours Sincerely
L. F. Huang ------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) DFT and phonon physics
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-326(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Our group: http://theory.issp.ac.cn