[Pw_forum] question about order of PDOS in fully relativistic case

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Feb 7 17:30:15 CET 2011

Il giorno 07/feb/2011, alle ore 17.23, saqib.javaid at ipcms.u-strasbg.fr ha scritto:

> Dear Gabrielle,

Dear Saqib,

I'm a male, although in French speaking countries my name does strongly suggest the opposite... already tested...

> I was bit concerned because if you are right, the order to PDOS for Spin-orbit,
> non-collinear case would be different from collinear, scaler relativistic case
> where order is sorted out according to magnitude of Ml i.e. 0,+-1, +-2 ..

You can make a test. In system with +/-m_j degeneracy (i.e., a linear chain of atoms without magnetic fields), you should find that the data in the +/-mj columns are identical.

Regards,

Gabriele