[Pw_forum] Generating ultra soft pseudopotential

Tram Bui trambui at u.boisestate.edu
Fri Apr 15 23:10:28 CEST 2011

Dear Everyone,
      From the lecture on July 25 2009
http://media.quantum-espresso.org/santa_barbara_2009_07/index.php, there is
an example file where the Si was used to demonstrate the step by step for
generating the pseudopotential. And I have some follow up questions based on
that file as follow :
  - In the FOURTH directory, the Si configuration is defined as :' [ Ne] 3s2
3p2 3d-1' , what does it mean by having "-1" for 3d orbital in this case?
  - Also in the same directory, what are/is the reason(s) for matching the
"pseudo logarithmic derivative" with the "all-electron logarithmic
derivative" plot.

Best regard,
Tram Bui

trambui at u.boisestate.edu