[Pw_forum] Young's Modulus

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:28:41 CEST 2010

Hi,
I think we always know what WE do, but not all of what computers do :-(.

Mohsen, did you relaxed the atoms after the compression? Why did you
calculate force and not stress. Have you used a finite nanotube and computed
the forces upon the atoms of the edge? Finally, how is defined A in
E=(F/A)/((L-L0)/L0)
for the case of a single nonotube?
Best regards
Eduardo

Eduardo Menendez
Departamento de Fisica
Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad de Chile
Phone: (56)(2)9787439

Let's pray for the 33 trapped miners! Four months to rescue

--

.