[Pw_forum] MPI_Bcast error from cp.x

Omololu Akin-Ojo prayerz.omo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:22:22 CET 2010

Thanks, Paolo.
It turns out that if one is NOT using orthogonalization='ortho' in
optimizing the electrons, the eigenvalues should not be computed:
NOTE: eigenvalues are not computed without ortho
(I got this warning on a 64bit Linux while it crashes on AIX machine with
the error I reported previously: ERROR: 0032-117 User pack or receive buffer
is too small)

My way of getting around it is to avoid printing "physical quantities to
standard output" as it seems the error comes at the printing step. So, I set
iprint (and isave) in the &control section to something larger than my
maximum number of steps, nstep. It is still running so I don't know what it
will do at the end.

Grazie ancora.

o.