[Pw_forum] MPI_Bcast error from cp.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Nov 16 13:19:52 CET 2010

Omololu Akin-Ojo wrote:

> I actually don't have a clue in which part of the program
> I should increase/decrease buffer/message size.

you shouldn't increase/decrease anything. You should look in the
output file if there are other error messages. Then you should
verify whether this error is reproducible ([referrably by running
it on a different machine). If it is, please provide code version,
input data, execution detail so that the error can be reproduced.
If it is not: your compiler or MPI libraries are, with very high
probability, buggy

P.