[Pw_forum] Parallel installation MPIF90 issue

Vikas Varshney vv0210 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 22:46:10 CEST 2010

Dear Soumyajyoti, Riccardo,
Thanks for your input. I successfully finished the installation (it seems).
I also included LD_LIBRARY_PATH as Soumya mentioned. When I tried to run
examples through run_example (example01), it seems it is running in serial
on single processor. I looked around a little bit and found that I need to
put the path to mpiexec and no of processors in enviromental_variable files
in PARA_PREFIX and PARA_POSTFIX options. When I tried that, this is what I
got.

PARA_PREFIX = ~/local/openmpi/bin/mpiexec -n 4
PARA_POSTFIX =

What I got was "No executable was specified on the mpiexec command line". I
though the run_example script will take care of the executable as it contain
of the following lines

PW_COMMAND="$PARA_PREFIX $BIN_DIR/pw.x $PARA_POSTFIX"
I tried searching it in archive but did not get a satisfactory answer.

Best Wishes,
Vikas Varshney