[Pw_forum] Parallel installation MPIF90 issue

Vikas Varshney vv0210 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:59:40 CEST 2010

Dear all,
I have a very simple question.

I have 2 mpif90 installed on my machine
one in /usr/local/bin which does not have fortran support. It says
"Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPU was not compiled with Fortran
90 support ..."
other one is in my local directory which was installed by me. It does have
fortran compiler (ifort).

When, I try to run configure script to genarate makefile, it assumes mpif90
to be the first one and results in unsuccessful configure. So, my question
is that how can I direct the configure script to look for other mpif90 and
the assciated libraries and header files. Where do I need to make necessary
changes? Or do I need to ask my admin to update mpif90 in /usr/local/bin
(where I dont have writable access)?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Vikas