[Pw_forum] parallel compilation

Osman Baris Malcioglu baris.malcioglu at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:08:33 CEST 2010

Dear Kopinjol,
What does mpif77 wrap? Quantum Espresso requires a fortran90 compiler (or above), which is usually wrapped as mpif90 not mpif77. Since configure does not return an error, you probably have a fortran 90 compiler in your path, but your mpi environment is not configured properly. Consult your system admin.
Tip : just type configure, without setting any environment flags, if you have everything listed in PATH, configure should find the proper ones for you.
Best,
Baris