[Pw_forum] parallel compilation

Kopinjol Baishya kopinjol at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:40:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to compile quantum espresso on our linux cluster. But every time
i do configure i get the following message

"Parallel environment not detected (is this a parallel machine?).
Configured for compilation of serial executables."

I have been able to compile other programs in parallel, VASP etc. and they
are all compiled using "FC=mpif77". I tried the same with espresso, but i
still get the same message! I have tried the last three versions all have
failed to compile in parallel.

I am little confused and not sure what may be going wrong. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
kopinjol