[Pw_forum] Body Centered Tetragonal

vtmtrinh at caltech.edu vtmtrinh at caltech.edu
Wed Jan 27 03:07:33 CET 2010

Hi Eyvarz,

Thanks for your message.
Yes, I did this way before.  However, when I checked the output, the
crystal axes (cart. coord. in units of a_0) are still the same ones as
defined in the input_PW, i.e:

V1 = a/2(1,-1,c/a), V2=a/2(1,1,c/a), V3=a/2(-1,-1,c/a)

If use these vectors to duplicate the structure e.g in z-direction (make
supercell to see how it looks like), the duplicated structure lie in wrong
direction (as I doubted).  This makes sense since the original structure
has the crystal axes as:

p1=(a,0,0), p2=(0,a,0), and p3=(a/2, a/2, c/2).

I think another way to have the consistency is to project the original
structure to the crystal axes used in QE .  Then use the resulting
structure for the input_PW. (I thought by simply changing the primitive
vectors in the code would be faster if I knew where it is  :-)).  Let me
try this way and see how it goes.

Best,

Trinh