[Pw_forum] LDA or LSDA?

Максим Иванов maaaxim at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 06:34:23 CET 2010

Dear all,

I have made
TDOS calculations for rutile-TiO2 with oxygen vacancy in the center of the
supercell with 96 atoms. I have used LSDA+U and LDA+U approaches. Non spin-polarized
calculations showed enlargement of the energy gap with slight shift of defect
level. Spin-polarized calculations didn’t give changes in the value of Eg,
however defect level appreciably went down. Experimental value of the gap is 3
eV, defect level is 2 eV above valence band top.

So, I have
a question: which of these two approaches give me true result?

Thanks in
advance,

Maxim

Вы уже с Yahoo!?