[Pw_forum] about the creation of supercell with different tails

patriot pershing science35 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:19:15 CET 2010

dear
firstly, thank you for attention to my message,
for the input file i have prepared the input file for ZnS material (wurtzite
structure) using the pwgui '4 version, i have enter the structure parameters
( a and c lattice parameters) as well as the other parameters ( pseudo
potential, cuttoff energy, ;.......etc) and i have visualized the input
structure using xcrysden software and the unit cell is perfectly created,
but the problem is the creation of supercell because i would do DFT
calculation on supercell with differents atom number such as ; 2x2x2 or
3x3x3  but i don't know i should do to realise this using pwgui for this
reason i would ask some help if it is possible.
for the pw.x and ph.x
the line command was:
pw.x <ZnS.scf.in> ZnS.scf.out and the same for phononcalculations but no
thing happen
thank you
best regards