[Pw_forum] OpenMPI / QE INSTALLATION ISSUES

Edmund Ochieng ochienged at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 11:59:21 CEST 2010

Hello,

First, I shall start by thanking Masoud for responding. However, I'd
like to mention that  the ommission of the "--with-tm" option does not
affect the compilation. This is based on two reasons:
1) The Intel compilers installed with the option included
2) I've tried running the configure command excluding the option and
all that appears is the same error which is as shown below:

*** Fortran 77 compiler
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking if Fortran 77 compiler works... no
* It appears that your Fortran 77 compiler is unable to produce working
* executables.  A simple test application failed to properly
* execute.  Note that this is likely not a problem with Open MPI,
* but a problem with the local compiler installation.  More
* information (including exactly what command was given to the
* compiler and what error resulted when the command was executed) is
* available in the config.log file in this directory.
configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran 77 program.  Aborting.

The machine on which am carrying out the installation is a Sun Fire
X4140 which is 64-bit and has two six-core AMD processors. All
attempts to assist are greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
EDMUND OCHIENG'.