[Pw_forum] phase transformation temperature

Haruhiko Dekura dekura at sci.ehime-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 11 17:07:50 CEST 2010

Dear Karthik

Do you mean you want to calculate thermodynamic energy?
If so, you should obtain phonon spectra of both phases, and calculate the free energy ( then, you should have the transition temperature Tc).
If you want also consider the effect of thermal expansion, I think quasi-harmonic approximation is good way for the purpose.

Best Regards,
Haruhiko Dekura