[Pw_forum] sumpdos.x

ramesh kumar raamesh123 at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:10:55 CEST 2010

Dear prof. Eyvaz

Thanks for your help.

Actually i have hit the question wrongly.

Suppose if i sum all the states (s, p and d states) of a 3d element it means that its summing the s states, px, py and pz and 5d orbitals. which is nothing but the contribution to the total density of states from the particular 3d element....
Is that right????

Anyway i can do it my own and check it

Thankyou for your help

Integrating PDOS you will get  number of electrons for that particular state. Is
that  what you want?

> just to clarify my doubt...projwfc.x gives 5 d orbitals for particular  3d
>element.

This sounds unlikely. Check your Pseudo-file.

> will sumpdos.x gives the contribution of that particular 3d  element to the
>total density of states????

If you specify all states for a given atom then you will obtain what you mean.

>Exactly what sumpdos.x does??? only summing up or is there something important
>elementary thing i am >missing????

Exactly summing up of these Partial DOS which you specified. No more, but no
less.

Bests,
Eyvaz

With regards