[Pw_forum] Six-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor V.S. Intel XEON 5500 series

vega lew quantumdft at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:32:07 CEST 2009

Dear all,

We will launch a big program to set up a computer center for Q-E and CPMD.
We wonder whether AMD Six-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor or Intel XEON 5500
series will give us a more efficient performance. Of course, the infiniband
is included in the program. and we design 3G DDR3-1333MHz for each Core (not
each CPU).

any suggestion will be appreciated.

thank you for reading

vega

Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Email: vegalew at gmail.com
Office: Room A705, Technical Innovation Building, Xinmofan Road 5#, Nanjing,
Jiangsu, China