[Pw_forum] using ev.x

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Sep 8 21:33:00 CEST 2009

How about trying to fit a very accurate set of data around the minimum
with a parabola and calculate thus the bulk modulus? Have you tries to
plot the resulting fitted curves? which one fits best the raw data?
Udaygiri: in Science (as well as in Life) there is no free lunch ...
Enjoy Science, no less than Life. SB

On Sep 8, 2009, at 9:04 PM, udayagiri sai babu wrote:

> hi all
> i am using ev.x file given in the pw_tools directory to calculate
> bulk modulus and lattice parameter values of chromium. i used
> murnaghan equation of state to fit my data i got bulk modulus of 256
> gpa where as my experimental  value is 160 gpa but when i used keane
> equation of state to fit the same data i got 148 gpa bulk modulus
>
> why is this much variation? which equation of state should i use for
> cr? because for vanadium and Ti murnagan euation of state has given
> reasonable (<20% error) values of bulk modulus but not for Cr
>
> please give some suggestions
> --
> U.Saibabu
> PhD student,
> Deformation mechanisms modeling group,
> Materials engineering department,
> IISc Bangalore,
> India.

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) /
stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget