[Pw_forum] how to build cell for diamagnetic material?

duchl06 duchl06 at 163.com
Thu Oct 1 20:03:53 CEST 2009

dear pwscf users,

   i found in some papers, they always say "To examine the stability of the local magnetic state, we calculate the energy difference between the diamagnetic(DM) antiferromagnetic (AFM) and ferromagnetic(FM) states."
 i know that in the case of FM, I need to do only spin-polarized calculation with start magntic moment, while for AF, I should define 2 different atoms having equal but opposite sign magnetic moments. is this right?
  but i really donot know how to set up a cell for the diamagnetic material, and how to set the start magnetic moment?
thank you!

best regards!

graduate student: chen
xiaguanying university