[Pw_forum] epsilon.x uniaxial material

Andrea Ferretti ferretti at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 1 17:14:34 CEST 2009

Hi Silvia,

the dielectric tensors computed by epsilon are defined on cartesian
coordinates, and symmetry is not used to reduce the number of components
to be computed. Of course, this does not mean that the proper symmetry of
the dielectric tensor is missing (and this is typically a good check to
be done a posteriori)

Andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
MIT, Dept Material Science & Engineering

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments