[Pw_forum] dos

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Wed May 6 11:38:26 CEST 2009

Dear Stefano,

Of course if you take the extreme case of the free electron gas, the
local PDOS is obviously not more relevant
than asking what it is s-like in Italy:-) (but maybe we could discover
some interesting pertubation around Berlusconi brain:-)
But in many cases  the local PDOS can be very useful to analyze DFT results:
   -local magnetism
  -surface reactivity
not to mention transport properties (STM images etc....)

cyrille

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
DSM/IRAMIS/SPCSI   | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://iramis.cea.fr/Images/Pisp/cbarreteau/cbarreteau_fr.html