[Pw_forum] Error:too many bands are not converged

idoldog idoldog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 04:52:25 CET 2009

Dear Paolo Giannozzi and other PWSCF users,

I make a mistake by mixing up the parameters mixing_beta and mixing_ndim because i didn't mention mixing_deta while lan haiping did. I take the parameter mixing_ndim for granted. I apologize to you.

However, I have solved the problem now. One can get different results by changing the parameters of nbnd, mixing_beta, K-point, ecutrho and ecutwfc, even the method of diago, these don't eradicate the problem.  By learning the source code, I find this might a problem of another kind of convergence.

All best.

李飞

南开大学化学学院

天津市南开区卫津路94号