[Pw_forum] wrong record length

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Mar 3 10:23:07 CET 2009

Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> the interesting question is now, how to work around this problem.
> you could try and declare unf_recl as integer*8 and try to recompile.

once upon a time there were limitations on the maximum length of
direct access records on some machines. I remember I modified the
two routines that open and read/write in such a way that each
record was split into more records with the maximum allowed
length. Anyway, for very big jobs, integers that don't fit
into 32 bits will show up somewhere else, so the ultimate
solution is to compile with default 64-bit integers, I guess

Paolo