[Pw_forum] missing q point

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Jun 18 11:20:36 CEST 2009

Mehrnaz Anvari wrote:
> Dear Gabriele
> I compeletly agree with you. I work on graphene and it seems that it is
> not necessary to use 2 2 2/4 4 4 grid. I just used them to see that as
> Eyvaz suggested my error would be diappeared or not. Now I don't have
> any problem with espresso-4.0.5 & thanks a lot because of your help. I
> have another question when I use  c.blyp-mt.UPF pseudopotential and then
> calculate frequency in gamma point, my optical frequency is about
> 3400cm-1 but when I use 2 2 1 grid I gain 1528cm-1. I couldn't
> understand the reason of it

Your question is not much clear too me.
Do you mean that the frequency obtained for the same q vector (0,0,0 in this case) is
different if you perform a single q-point calculation w.r.t the frequency obtained when
that q-point is included in a q-point grid (like the 221 you mention). This seems quite
improbable to me.
Or maybe you mean that when computing dispersions from the 221 grid using Fourier
interpolation the result is not good at Gamma? This may be since you are using a very
small grid (try to check convergence by increasing the size of the grid).
Then there are many other convergence issues about cut-offs, k-point grids, PPs, ...

GS