[Pw_forum] about fermi level

Q.J.Wang wangqj1 at 126.com
Wed Dec 30 09:43:01 CET 2009

Dear Haruhiko Dekura

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:30:28 +0900
>From: Haruhiko Dekura <dekura at cmp.sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp>
>Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] about fermi level
>To: PWSCF Forum <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
>
>Dear Wang
>
>I think that the Fermi level obtained with nscf run reaches sufficient value only when the KS energy spectrum ( hence, also scf-potential ) is well converged in scf calculation.

How to judge the KS energy spectrum is well converged or not in scf calculation ?
Can you give me special examples or make some elaborate on this ? what should I do when encounter this problem ?
I found many pwscf users encounter the same problem and they don't know which fermi level is used to plot DOS when fermi level is different between scf.out and nscf.out.
Thank you very much for you help !

--

Best regards

Q.J.Wang