[Pw_forum] exit status=139

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Dec 18 17:49:21 CET 2009

On Dec 18, 2009, at 17:26 , Iris Theofilou wrote:

> I'm not sure which one it was used

the one that appears in "make.sys" at line MPIF90=... or F90=...
Presumably, gfortran...

>   running the phonon calculation at Gamma...Segmentation fault

...which in fact doesn't produce a correct executable for the phonon
code. Given the type of error, it is very hard to locate what is going
wrong.

> which compiler should I use? perhaps ifort v.9??

you didn't follow Lorenzo's advice ("read the user guide"), did you?

Use a compiler that is less buggy than the code you want to compile.
G95 works nicely, but the executable it produces is not very fast.
The intel compiler produces faster executables, especially together
with the mkl library, but don't trust too much the first releases of
each
major new version.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222