[Pw_forum] exit status=139

Iris Theofilou irida at ims.demokritos.gr
Fri Dec 18 17:26:25 CET 2009

Dear Lorenzo,

I'm not sure which one it was used, but it must be one (or more) of the
ubuntu compilers. Their versions are:

gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) 4.4.1

GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) 4.4.1

cpp (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) 4.4.1

The whole error message of the run_example(02) is:

  running the scf calculation... done
  running the phonon calculation at Gamma...Segmentation fault  done
  running the phonon calculation at X...Segmentation fault
Error condition encountered during test: exit status = 139
Aborting

I'm also including the 2 results files for phonon calculations (see
attachments)

If it is only a gfortran problem which compiler should I use? perhaps
ifort v.9??

Thanks in advance,
Iris