[Pw_forum] << running QE in parallel >>

I. Camps i_camps at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 28 17:38:40 CEST 2009

SOLVED!

The problem is the script run_example.
If I run the input file directly from the prompt using

$PARA_PREFIX pw.x $PARA_POSTFIX < al001.rx.in > al001.rx.out

I get the following output:

***************************
     Program PWSCF     v.4.1    starts ...
     Today is 28Aug2009 at 12:34:42

     Parallel version (MPI)

     Number of processors in use:       4
     R & G space division:  proc/pool =    4

     For Norm-Conserving or Ultrasoft (Vanderbilt) Pseudopotentials or PAW

     Current dimensions of program pwscf are:
     Max number of different atomic species (ntypx) = 10
     Max number of k-points (npk) =  40000
     Max angular momentum in pseudopotentials (lmaxx) =  3
     Waiting for input...

     Subspace diagonalization in iterative solution of the eigenvalue problem:
     a parallel distributed memory algorithm will be used,
     eigenstates matrixes will be distributed block like on
     ortho sub-group =    2*   2 procs

[]s,

Camps