[Pw_forum] force

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Aug 21 10:30:12 CEST 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 17:11 , ali kazempour wrote:

> I use vc-relax to optimize the lattice constant and also the
> position for bulk.
> After I make supercell with these optimized value and run a scf
> with similar
> value as bulk. But the force as I listed below for some atom is
> relatively more
> than other

I see quite small forces. If you do a supercell, do not forget that
you will not
get exactly the same values as for the original cell, unless the k-
point grid
of the unit cell refolds into the k-point grid of the supercell

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222