[Pw_forum] xcrysden problem "error couldn't change working directory to "Y/xc_23632": no such file or directory

xu yuehua njuxuyuehua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:09:48 CEST 2008

en,en
i have set the absolute path XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH. but   the error stills  is
the problem
of pre-compile ? i  found the errors are the same whether i run the
./xcconfire or not (directly run xcrysden after tar xf the package).

the bashrc :

ulimit -s unlimited
export PATH=~/bin/:$PATH
alias q=qstat
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# this is for XCRYSDEN pre1.5b; added by XCRYSDEN installation on
# Fri Oct 10 09:32:28 UTC 2008
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/disk2/jdong/xyh/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/disk2/jdong/xyh/xcrys_tmp
export XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
PATH="$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR:$PATH:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/util"

2008/10/10 Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>

> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 10:44 +0800, xu yuehua wrote:
> > hi everyone here:
> > i have installed the xcrysden (XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static) to linux
> > system .and when I ran   xcrysden, the
> >  graphic interface can appear, but could open any file ,when i open
> > some file ,the error message is below "error couldn't change working
> > directory to "Y/xc_23632": no such file or directory"
> > AND  i found out the Y  directory is generated automatically  in the
> > directory  where the software is running .
>
> You have specified relative pathname for XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH. A very bad
> idea. Thatwhy the "Y" directory is created in current directory. Please
> set XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH as absolute pathname, e.g., something
> like /scratch/$USER/xcrys_tmp
>
> Regards, Tone
>
> --
> Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>
> J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (tel:
> +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Xu Yuehua
physics Department of Nanjing university
China