[Pw_forum] Changelogs

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Oct 8 15:27:03 CEST 2008

Dmitry Korotin wrote:

> Does some rigid list of changes in QE between versions 3.2
> and 4.0 or 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 exists? I prefer one created by
> a human, not a computer.  Does the cv2html.pl script the only
> possibility to get such kind of information?

the list is created by the computer, but the information that
is listed is written by humans (and it shows). If you are looking
for a less verbose list of changes, the message announcing the
new release contained this list (admittedly not very verbose):

- Better scalability on massively parallel machines: more arrays are
   distributed and processed in parallel, thus removing CPU and memory
   bottlenecks - CP has been demonstrated to run on up to 4000 processors

- Projector Augmented Wave (PAW) is implemented

- Calculation of NMR chemical shifts using GIPAW (Gauge-Independent PAW)

- Inclusion of the Wannier90 code (http://www.wannier.org/) for
   calculation of maximally localized Wannier functions

- Many other minor improvements: cleanup, porting to new architectures,
   many bugs fixed (and new bug opportunities added: please help
   debugging!)

Paolo