[Pw_forum] convergence problem

asa aravindh asaaravindh at yahoo.co.in
Sat Nov 15 07:26:53 CET 2008

Dear all..
I was trying to do scf and nscf calculations on ZnO nanowires using pwscf
scf has run successfully, while nscf shows this warning in between..
 Band Structure Calculation
     CG style diagonalization
     c_bands:  2 eigenvalues not converged
but the code works even after this and finishes the nscf run. After looking into the forum I got the impression that this might be due to the algorithm "david", which I was using .So I changed to "CG" . Again the same situation is repeating.
My question is whether my results will be accurate if this warnig persists??
If I do further calculations like transport taking this scf and nscf outputs how far my calculations will be reliable??
can anybody please help me in this regard...........
Thanks in advance
asa

      Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/