[Pw_forum] Error in Espresso post-installation Test examples

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sun Nov 2 00:13:38 CET 2008

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, D.A. Tompsett wrote:

DT> Dear Alex and All,
DT>          I have tried to get some more info on my compiler.
DT> I did this by running "module list" in my login environment:
DT> Currently Loaded Modulefiles:
DT>   1) dot                          8) intel/fce/9.1.041
DT>   2) torque                       9) infinipath/mpi/2.2
DT>   3) moab                        10) infinipath/openfabrics/2.2
DT>   4) gold/2.1.6.0                11) infinipath/core/2.2
DT>   5) intel/mkl/9.0.018           12) mpiexec/0.82
DT>   6) intel/idbe/9.1.046          13) default-infinipath
DT>   7) intel/cce/9.1.046
DT>
DT> I think this indicates that my compiler is intel fortran 9.1.041.

could be, but need not be. you still may have a different fortran
compiler (gfortran, g95) embedded in your mpif90. are you seeing
the same problems, when you compile a serial version?

what is the F90 definition in your make.sys gfortran or ifort?

DT> Also the output from "uname -a" is: Linux bindloe04
DT> 2.6.9-67.0.4.EL_lustre.1.6.4.3smp #1 SMP Sun Feb 17 08:05:22 EST 2008
DT> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DT>
DT> I hope that makes it clearer.

unfortunately, no. this makes both the compiler warnings and
the problems reading input files very mysterious. i have the
same compiler on my desktop - only one patchlevel old - and
i see neither of the two problems that you encounter.

you make sys is the one created from configure?
and you run 'make clean' after all new runs of configure
or changing of compiler options? right?

cheers,
   axel.