[Pw_forum] Error in Espresso post-installation Test examples

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sat Nov 1 19:23:19 CET 2008

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, D.A. Tompsett wrote:

DT> Dear Alex and All,
DT>                 thanks for the help. I understand better what the
DT> "read_namelists : error" is now. I am using mpif90 for my compiler on a unix
DT> platform.

sorry, but this is like answering "i have a red sedan car" when being
asked about model and make. what _kind_ of unix and what compiler vendor
and version do you have. mpif90 is usually a wrapper and can "contain"
any compiler.

try running "mpif90 -v"  and/or "mpif90 -showme" to get some hints of
the compiler and send in the output.
and try running "uname -a" to get some info about the kind of unix.

thanks,
   axel.

[...]