[Pw_forum] Pentium-M versus Itanium

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Mar 14 08:50:03 CET 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 20:50 , Miguel Martínez Canales wrote:

> PS: I also swear that the very same Itanium machine used to run
> twice as
> fast as the same laptop, although the free FORTRAN compilers have
> changed
> a lot in the last couple of years.

and I swear that I hate benchmarking. Anyway, you can find a benchmark
that will tell you something (as opposed to those you tried, that
will tell you
nothing, maybe even less than nothing) here:
    http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/benchmark.tgz
Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222