[Pw_forum] Error while writing to file

Rafael Dias Menezes rdmeneze at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 3 15:38:28 CET 2008

Dear Paolo Giannozzi

Your suspicion is correct.

I'm having the same problem with quantum espresso in a alpha machine running a debian linux.

I already  trace the point that the code breaks down and I put some code to return the error message got by the fortran runtime : "Fortran runtime error: Writing more data than the record size (RECL)". That's in the file davcio.f90, the block of code is the following:

55:  ELSE IF ( io > 0 ) THEN
56:     !
57:     WRITE( UNIT = unit, REC = nrec, IOSTAT = ios ) vect  ! rafael dias
58:     IF ( ios /= 0 ) THEN

Well, I change the #define DIRECT_IO_FACTOR to 8 and the code stop the don't break down more.

thanks,
Rafael Dias