[Pw_forum] Error while writing to file

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Dec 3 14:13:52 CET 2008

Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:

> It may be: disk is full, outdir does not exist, outdir exists but is not
> a directory (i.e. it is a file) or, finally, you have changed the number
> changed some parameter in the input (like wf_collect, or the number of
> pools) without doing a bit of cleanup in your temporary files.

it might also be related to the value of parameter DIRECT_IO_FACTOR,
used in PW/diropn.f90:

#if defined(__ALPHA)
#  define DIRECT_IO_FACTOR 2
#else
#  define DIRECT_IO_FACTOR 8
#end
   !
   ! the  record length in direct-access I/O is given by the number of
   ! real*8 words times DIRECT_IO_FACTOR (may depend on the compiler)
   !

P.