[Pw_forum] error

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Oct 11 22:00:30 CEST 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 20:10 , Heather Whitley wrote:

> Sure, here is the relevant line from the config.log:
>
> ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
> ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=

it looks to me completely irrelevant...

> This doesn't show the problem, however.  The problem lies in the
> Makefiles, where $LD is specified as the linker.  If your system uses
> ld as the default linker, then you will end up using it in the
> compilation.

I don't think so: configure should generate a make.sys that explicitly
defines LD=something, typically the same as the compiler. Unless,
of course, you are re-using an old make.sys

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222