[Pw_forum] Seeking Advice on Small Hardware Platforms for PWscf Implementation

Alexander Shaposhnikov shaposh at isp.nsc.ru
Tue Nov 20 10:01:34 CET 2007

Actually newer  Woodcrest/Clovertown Xeon platform  have dual independent
FSBs, but this does not help much. Memory bandwidth available on each FSB is
very limited - between  1/2 and 1/3  of what is available to modern desktop
CPUs.

There is no good "server" computational platform today,  unfortunately  .
AMD's CPUs have  weak FPU  and Intel's have weak memory subsystem. Intel-
based desktop single-socket platform is the best choice for now.