[Pw_forum] ion problem

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Wed Nov 14 08:53:19 CET 2007

Dear all

I have a question related to this problem.
I am interested in the study of charged clusters.
If I understand well, due to to the periodicity of the plane wave codes
one has to substract the correct "background" in order to keep the
energy from going to infinity..

I would like to compare the energy of clusters with different
charges -e -2e etc... Do you have some advices to do such calculation?
Is it necessary to take even larger supercells than for neutral clusters?

thanks in advance

  cyrille

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
DSM/DRECAM/SPCSI   | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://www-drecam.cea.fr/Images/Pisp/cbarreteau/cbarreteau_fr.html