[Pw_forum] error message

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Wed Jun 6 10:08:25 CEST 2007

I have just done some tests on example01 input data si.scf.cg.in (10
kpoints)
My conclusion is that it happens when wf_collect=.true. and
when npool is greater than 1

For example

nproc=10 npool=1 runs OK
but all other cases npool=2,5,10 crash

I have not tried yet the cvs version...
  cyrille

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 14:38 , Cyrille Barreteau wrote:
>
>> I have recently compiled the new version of pwscf (3.2) on our
>> new cluster (I know a good experimentalist change only
>> one parameter at a time!)
>

> so let's try to be good experimentalists:
> - is the problem present for specific data only, or is it always present
>   whenever the option wf_collect=.true. is used?
> - is it specific to the number of processors/pools used or not?
> - if the problem is present for specific data only:
>   - does it work on other machines/compilers/mpi libraries?
>   - does it work for other versions of the code, or for the cvs  version?
> Paolo
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
DSM/DRECAM/SPCSI   | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://www-drecam.cea.fr/spcsi/index.php