[Pw_forum] 回复: Re: [Pw_forum] Re:about the displacive instabilities

li yan liyanpcl at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Jul 1 03:36:29 CEST 2007

Dear Stefano,
      I'm sorry. I did not explain my question clearly.
      I found a softening transverse acaustic mode at X (TA(X)) point on the brillouin zone boundary in a NaCl structure.  Since  the first high-pressure phase that the experiment observed is CsCl structure,  could the soft mode be considered as  the driven force of the transition from NaCl to CsCl?
      If it could not, may i give an intermediate state between the NaCl and CsCl phase if I can get a energy favored structure in terns of the softening mode in the NaCl structure? It is a monoclinic phase, obtained by moving the atoms along the displacements (order parameters) corresponding to the softening mode.

   Thank you very much for any advice.

   Best regards.

  Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> дµÀ£º