[Pw_forum] Acoustic branches

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Jan 26 21:19:09 CET 2007

Dear Merlin (this is another Stefano answering):

On Jan 26, 2007, at 4:16 PM, merlin.meheut at impmc.jussieu.fr wrote:

> Thanks in any case for your idea of "following the eigenvectors",
> this is probably the better one. Is there an easy way to do it? (I
> think I know the answer).

one neat way would be to use Wannier functions (or their lattice
equivalent). The idea of lattice Wannier functions has been
popularized by Karin Rabe some 10 years ago (or so).

Stefano

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)