[Pw_forum] Acoustic branches

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Jan 26 15:13:32 CET 2007

Dear Merlin. It is not possible to caculate the acoustic branch only.
In case the acoustic branches cross upper ("optic") branches, I think
it would not even be meaningful to do so. Stefano

On Jan 25, 2007, at 11:36 PM, meheut at impmc.jussieu.fr wrote:

> Dear Drs,
>
> I would like to use pwscf to compute the acoustic branches only of the
> crystal. I already computed the complete phonon dispersion, but the
> acoustic branches are crossing with other modes. Do you think possible
> to disjoin the acoustic modes frequencies from the other modes?
>
> Best wishes.
>
> Merlin meheut

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)