[Pw_forum] question on the pressure in molecular dynamics

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 17 18:42:57 CET 2007

Another way of saying this: two supercells containing the same
partincles in the same positions, but with different velocities
(e.g. in one case zero, in the other very large) will have the same
instantaneous stress, but will have different average pressures, and
in a constant pressure molecular dynamics will lead to different
average volumes.

			nicola