[Pw_forum] pp.in

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Dec 17 14:17:12 CET 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 15:44 , ali kazempoor wrote:

> I want to plot charge density in the nanowire supercell,
> but running pp.x takes much more time(1 day). Also I
> have 8 atoms in supercell and the size of supercell is
> not big. Why the calculation consume long time?

plots can be really slow if the charge density is recalculated in
real space for all points (see description of iflag=3 case in the
INPUT_PP file). The data you sent is for a 15x15 2-d plot and
I am not going to believe that it requires one day unless I see it

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222