[Pw_forum] Bond dissociation energy of CO (gas-phase)

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:12:16 CEST 2006

On 9/6/06, Ameya Joshi <ajoshi at mines.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,

hi!

> Most calculations overpredict the BDE  by almost 15 kcal/mol, while the one
> using the BLYP pseudo underpredicts it by 11.6 kcal/mol. The BDE obtained

one comment on this:
your table does not indicate, what plane wave cutoff you were using
for the different pseudopotentials. in the case of the norm-conserving
potentials, you used for BLYP, this makes a huge difference, as ~30Ry
are far from convergence for that type of pseudopotential.

generally, i would suggest checking for basis set convergence (i.e.
convergence with respect to ecutwfc) for all sets of psps. the same
goes for the box size dependence.

cheers,
   axel.